The question of how to make a career out of speaking to college audiences is a common one, so I decided to bring my friend, Adam Carroll, on the show to give you the answer.
Adam has been a speaker on over 650 college campuses as well as countless local and regional events for college students. He knows that market like the back of his hand!
On episode 101 of The Speaker Lab, he’s sharing that knowledge with you. We talk about the different markets within the college community, how to know what group, committee or department to contact when you’re looking for speaking gigs and how to set yourself to get repeat gigs with the same university.
He’s got some great tricks up his sleeve, and you’ll get to peek at them on today’s show. Listen in for all of that and more on episode 101 of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- What were the two big factors that started his college speaking career?
- Why knowing your content is critical for continued success.
- What is a strong interest form and how do you use one?
- The 3 key steps to start getting booked at colleges.
- After you’ve identified who to speak to, what is your next step?
- One simple trick to get decision-makers on the phone.
- Why you should include a complete marketing campaign as part of your speaking agreement.
- What are the more common topics being booked on college campuses?
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “They are all learning opportunities!” – Adam Carroll
- Adam Carroll’s personal web site
- Money Savvy web site
- Winning the Money Game, by Adam Carroll
- Adam Carroll on Twitter
- Broke, Busted and Disgusted, the documentary
- Episode 100 of The Speaker Lab
- The Speaker Lab Summit
- The Speaker Lab Facebook group
- Top Speakers Tips
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review