221. How to Write, Speak and Host Conferences with Alli Worthington
Alli is a speaker, author, business coach and conference host who fell into speaking the same time she hosted her first event, an interesting story she shares with us today.
We also talk about how having a book has impacted her speaking career, what you should do if you want to speak to female entrepreneurs, and how she chooses which speakers to hire when she is hosting her conference, Blissdom.
You’ll hear all of those topics and more – there is a LOT to learn from Alli Worthington on this episode of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Why she hosted her first event before she had ever been to a conference!
- What did Scott Stratten say that shifted her mindset about being nervous?
- Does she consider herself an author or speaker first?
- When is it worth speaking for free?
- What is the perceived value in having someone else handle your calendar?
- Is there a connection between the quality of your writing and the quality of your speaking?
- What advice does she have for women about fees?
- When should you say no to an opportunity?
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “We should always ask for more than we feel comfortable asking.” – Alli Worthington
- Alli Worthington’s web site
- Alli Worthington’s books
- The Alli Worthington Show
- Blissdom Conference
- Alli Worthington on Twitter
- Find and Book Paid Speaking Gigs
- The Speaker Lab on YouTube
- The Speaker Lab Facebook group
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review