Do you struggle to work full-time and build momentum as a speaker? Does it seem like an impossible feat to grow your speaking business while juggling your full-time job, your family and your other obligations?
Our guest does all of that and today he shares his secrets! Erick Rheam is making his second appearance as a guest on The Speaker Lab Podcast.
Today he shares how he went from 20 gigs last year to 53 this year, all while working full-time and being an active, involved father and husband. He gives the specific steps he takes to get at least two referrals for every speaking gig he does, why being easy to work with is so important and how you can generate momentum like him.
Get ready for all of that and more on episode 150 of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- How Erick has gone from 20 gigs one year to 53 gigs the next.
- What worked for him to find gigs earlier in his career
- Why was speaking for free helpful for him?
- Should you take any and all opportunities to speak?
- The specifics of what made him an “easy speaker” and why it has led to consistent referrals.
- What is his 70/30 rule?
- Why you need to give people an action item.
- How and when to make a tasteful ask for referrals in your presentation.
- Should you do an exit interview and if so, what should it include?
- And so much more!