282. Focusing on Your Speaking Topic with David Newman
Narrowing down and focusing on your speaking topic can be one of the harder aspects of speaking.
Here to help ease that process is David Newman. David is a professional speaker who also coaches other speakers, and an all-around great guy!
Today on The Speaker Lab, we talk about everything from speaking fees, the NSA and demo videos. He even walks us through a specific exercise to find the right topic that has speaking opportunities within it. Be sure to join us and hear it all on episode 281 of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Do we often teach what we ourselves need to learn?
- How did he narrow his topic down from 30 potential options?
- What it means if nobody else is talking about your subject matter.
- Why actively choosing our own niche is a powerful privilege.
- How do you know if there is a market for your topic?
- Why it’s necessary to pivot throughout your career.
- Can you have both depth and variety in your speaking offerings?
- Why speaking is the new marketing.
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “Think about where you can walk before you run before you fly.“ David Newman