Today we’ve got an extra special guest for you: Erick Rheam. Erick is a student of our Booked and Paid to Speak program, and he has been wildly successful in his speaking career since signing up for the course. He joined us in December of 2015 and in the 15 months between then and our recording of this episode, he has made over $80,000 in speaking gigs!
On this episode of The Speaker Lab, Erick joins us to talk about his success and how he decided who to speak to and what to speak about, why it’s important to have a good web site and demo and how he gets referrals.
Because Erick is still relatively new to the speaking world his story is relatable, as his resulting success. You’ll want to tune in to hear more about what’s next for him on episode 126 of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- What was he making in his speaking business before joining Booked and Paid to Speak?
- Why agreements and contracts have been critical to his financial growth as a speaker.
- What does Erick say you have to love in order to be a successful speaker?
- How did he decide what to speak about and who to speak to?
- Why helping people achieve signficance in their lives also helps you.
- The four things he’s learned that are critical to running a successful speaking business.
- What percentage of this business is the grind of pursuing and getting gigs?
- How he’s preparing to go from his full-time corporate job to speaking full-time.
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “90% of this business is the grind.” – Erick Rheam