Because there is a right way and a wrong way to sell yourself, our guest is here to explain how to sell yourself with digital persuasion. Erin Gargan is a multi-entrepreneur who currently owns and operates an agency that specializes in social media for trade shows, conferences, and events.
One day a client of hers was in a panic: they were a week away from the opening of their event and one of their social media speakers had canceled. Erin offered to help her client by filling in. Her speech went so well several audience members approached her about speaking for them and asked for her fee. And so began her journey into public speaking.
Today on The Speaker Lab, Erin tells us who she primarily speaks to today, how to be different by focusing on others (rather than ourselves), and how to use the art of digital persuasion to create higher quality connections that serve others while also growing our own careers. Erin holds nothing back on this episode so be sure to join us and catch it all!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- How does she avoid falling into the comparison trap?
- Why doesn’t she watch other speakers before she takes the stage?
- How much more persuasive in person are we according to the Harvard Business Review?
- How can you be different than 99% of all cold outreach messages?
- What does PUB stand for and how do you use it?
- How to get a 60% higher response rate in half the time.
- What is the ideal length of an email?
- What is your next step in initiating contact with someone?
- And so much more!
- Erin Gargan’s website
- Socialite Agency’s website
- The Art of Digital Persuasion, by Erin Gargan
- Erin Gargan on Twitter
- How to book more paid speaking engagements
- Find and contact potential gigs
- Speaking Fee Calculator
- Booked and Paid to Speak
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review