Today is a Q&A episode highlighting a question asked by listener, Eric Moss. Eric called in with a great question about finding the appropriate contacts within the faith-based market.
It’s a relatable one for me because I got my start as a speaker in this realm. After college I became a youth pastor and began speaking to my youth group, and from time to time I’d have the opportunity to speak to the “big church”. That paved the way for me to create a full-time business as a speaker and a speaking expert.
On episode 110 of The Speaker Lab, I share exactly how to find out who you should be contacting at different religious organizations, and much more.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- How I got my start in the speaking world, and what it has to do with the faith-based market.
- Why is the faith/church market a fairly common one for speakers?
- What is the first thing you want to do when reaching out in the faith-based market?
- The three questions to answer to determine who to contact within a church.
- Does the topic you want to speak about matter when finding a contact?
- How does the size of the church’s congregation impact you as a speaker?
- When should you reach out to the pastor of a congregation?
- And so much more!
- Episode 1 of The Speaker Lab
- Episode 31 of The Speaker Lab
- Episode 37 of The Speaker Lab
- Episode 63 of The Speaker Lab
- Episode 81 of The Speaker Lab
- The Speaker Lab Facebook group
- Top Speakers Tips
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review