019. How to Find and Use Humor When Public Speaking
One of the most intimidating aspects of speaking is humor. If you’re like other speakers you may find it daunting to incorporate jokes into your talk.
The biggest risk with jokes or humorous stories is the lack of guarantees the audience will enjoy it. However, when used appropriately humor can magnify a talk and convey your message perfectly!
Today, I’ll be showing you how to utilize humor the best way for you and your speaking style. Listen in to hear all of that and so much more on this episode of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW
- Why is your audience a reflection of you as the speaker?
- What is self-depreciating humor and how can you use it correctly?
- The importance of using pictures and videos to enhance humor.
- How can you “have your radar up” for humorous material?
- What are the most effective strategies for incorporating humor?
- How to avoid using “you had to be there” stories, and why they don’t work.
- How to move on gracefully from a failed joke.
- And much, much more!
Tweetable: “Pay attention to funny situations.”