Ever wonder how to know if you’re worth charging higher speaking fees – and be confident when you quote your fee? Our guest for this episode does, and he spills all the beans on episode 156!
Ian Altman is a sales expert and the go-to authority on integrity-based selling. He’s also a sought-after keynote speaker who now earns $20k for his speeches. Today we’re talking about how he rose to that level of speaking fees, how to determine your correct audience and why it’s important to be sure you’re speaking to the right people.
We also talk about how to sell yourself as a speaker and be confident when quoting your fees. He has so much wisdom to share on today’s show, be sure to join us on episode 156 of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Why it’s important to be a subject matter expert who speaks, rather than a speaker.
- Why he never holds back his best content.
- How do you know if you are speaking to the right people?
- Does the size of your audience matter?
- Why you must know the symptoms or problems you solve for your audience.
- What are the two trigger points for selling yourself as a speaker?
- Why you can never charge a penny more than you think you are worth.
- Is there a lot of opportunity for speakers charging under $5k?
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “It’s all about delivering value to your audience.” — Ian Altman
- Ian Altman’s web site
- Ian Altman on Twitter
- Same-Side Selling, by Ian Altman and Jack Quarles
- Speaking Fee Calculator
- Booked and Paid to Speak
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- The Speaker Lab Facebook group
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review