Something you may not know is how much overlap there is between how to get sponsorships, and how to land speaking gigs. The art of finding, connecting and working with the right people is critical to success in both arenas.
And a man who has succeeded in both of those areas, landing sponsorships, and speaking gigs, is our guest for today’s show. Mr. Jason Zook joins us to talk about the early days of his speaking career, why he’s put that part of his career on hold right now and everything you could possibly want or need to know about securing sponsorships for your business.
On episode 48 of The Speaker Lab, we distill the immense wisdom Jason has gained in 8 years and pass as much of it as we can on to you during today’s show. From sponsorships to speaking to finding oddball size shoes, it’s all here so sit back and enjoy.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW
- How big are his shoes and where does he have to order them?
- When did he first venture into speaking?
- Why you don’t have to get paid to speak, and you can still make money.
- How he made $35k from one email introduction – and what that means for your business.
- Why does following up work so well?
- How to surprise and delight every client you work with.
- Three great hacks to finding the right person in a company you want to work with.
- And much, much more!
Tweetable: “If you wait for things to happen nothing will happen!“– Jason Zook
- Jason Zook’s personal website
- Jason’s website on sponsorships
- Email Jason
- Jason Zook on Twitter
- How to Get Sponsors For Your Event, Conference, Blog, etc., Jason’s blog post
- YouTube video: How to Find Email Addresses Using Google
- Value proposition builder to get sponsorships, Jason’s PDF
- Jason on episode 51 of How Did You Get Into That?
- The Speaker Lab Facebook group
- Top Speakers Tips
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review