Positioning yourself an authority is a surefire way to be featured in major media outlets and open doors that would otherwise be closed. But how do you do it?
Our guest for episode 112 has the answers! Jeff Rose of Good Financial Cents is here to spill the beans on how he became a regular contributor to Forbes. Jeff is a certified financial planner who was named one of the Top 10 Young Advisors to Watch, by Financial Advisor magazine.
Today Jeff explains how he developed a relationship with Forbes, why it takes time and a focused niche. He also shares other major media he’s been featured in like CNBC, Entrepreneur, and Huffington Post to name a few. Hear it all on episode 112 of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Why did he start his blog, Good Financial Cents?
- How could he have gotten more traction quicker?
- What’s the best way to get quoted by the media?
- How do you know if you should expand or narrow your focus?
- If he was starting from scratch today would he change anything?
- What is HARO and how can it help you?
- The story of how he became a contributing writer for Forbes.
- The John Corcoran strategy and how to use it.
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “You have something unique to offer.” – Jeff Rose
- Good Financial Cents blog
- Jeff Rose’s podcast
- Soldier of Finance, by Jeff Rose
- Jeff Rose’s life insurance web site
- Jeff Rose on Twitter
- HARO web site
- The Speaker Lab Summit
- The Speaker Lab Facebook group
- Top Speakers Tips
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review