Social media is part of our everyday lives, and it can be an effective business tool. But do you know how to use social media to land more gigs, while still being the real you? Our guest, Jon Acuff, does and he’ll explain how in episode 167 of The Speaker Lab.
When Jon isn’t speaking or writing best-selling books, including his latest book Finish, he is actively sharing his work and his life on social media.
Today we talk about how his social media platform and his online content have helped his business grow, plus the various strategies for each of his platforms. We also talk about how and why he learns about speaking from comedians, as well as the hows and whys of goal-setting for speakers. Join Jon and I as we explore these topics and more on the latest edition of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- What’s the fastest way to get feedback?
- How does he avoid becoming complacent with his success?
- How did he use soft pitches to land more gigs and work with a speakers bureau?
- What are ways you can establish authority (without overselling) while you’re speaking?
- How can social media help you and how can it hurt you?
- Every gig is a chance to do what?
- Why it’s important to make your goals fun.
- How many forms of income should you aim for as a speaker?
- And so much more!
- Jon Acuff’s website
- Finish, by Jon Acuff
- The Finish Course
- Jon’s other books
- Jon’s email list solely for speakers
- Jon Acuff on Instagram
- Jon Acuff on Twitter
- Jon Acuff on LinkedIn
- How to book more paid speaking engagements
- Find and contact potential gigs
- Speaking Fee Calculator
- Booked and Paid to Speak
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review