[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/thespeakerlab/tsl20157.mp3″ title=”157. How to Overcome Impostor Syndrome and Conquer Your Doubts With Laura Gassner Otting” artist=”The Speaker Lab Podcast” ]
Do you know how to overcome Impostor Syndrome, that voice inside that doubts you? It’s that voice that says you don’t belong on stage, you aren’t good enough, etc. Nearly everyone has that voice, but there are ways to conquer it and our guest today shares some of them.
Laura Gassner Otting is a relatively new to speaking, but she has 25+ years of CEO, entrepreneurial and real-world experience she draws from on stage. She is also an executive coach, a writer, and a consultant. Her work stems from her belief in Martin Luther King Jr.’s philosophy that we all have the ability to be great because we all can serve.
Today we focus on how she differentiates herself from other speakers in her niche, why she’s added live coaching to her talks, and why it’s okay to be an introverted speaker.
You’ll also hear how she joined former President Clinton’s presidential campaign, and how she mentally prepares for her speaking gigs. Be sure to join us for that and more on episode 157 of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW: ¬†¬†
- How did running the Boston Marathon led to a TEDx talk for her son, and later for her?
- What is the myth of self-importance?
- What is the loudest sound on Earth?
- What advice did Scott Stratten give to her about speaking?
- What’s the difference between price and value?
- Does your audience want you to succeed?
- How to establish common ground with the people you are speaking to.
- Why surround yourself with smarter people?
- And so much more!
Tweetable:¬† “If you are for everybody you are for nobody.” ‚Äî Laura Gassner Otting
- Laura Gassner Otting’s web site
- Limitless Possibility web site
- Laura Gassner Otting on Twitter
- Laura’s blog post on her TEDx talk
- Speaking Fee Calculator
- Booked and Paid to Speak
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review