One of the common questions I get asked is what you need to know before signing a contract. To answer this question we are joined by Melanie Deziel today. But unlike our usual format, Melanie isn’t a guest today, she’s our first co-host!
Melanie was a student who has gone through our training programs and has become one of our coaches. Before branching out on her own in the speaking world, Melanie worked in a corporate environment. She helped brands think more like journalists and tell better stories.
She shifted into speaking when she realized how much she enjoyed the speaking gigs she was doing to represent her team. She took a course with The Speaker Lab and for the last two years, she’s been speaking and consulting full-time.
To keep things interesting and extra fun, I invited Melanie to join me as a co-host for the next four weeks. Today we’re talking about a common question we get at the speaker lab: what do I need to know before signing a contract? We’ll dig into that answer today on this edition of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- The two reasons to ask potential clients about the length of your speech.
- How to be the hero for your event organizer.
- What can you ask to find out details about your audience?
- Why does it matter to you and your contract who the other speakers are at the event?
- What is the one question to ask so you know what success looks like to your client?
- What is a rider and how can you use one for logistics like travel and technology?
- Why should you find out specifics about the venue beforehand?
- Why does dress code matter?
- And so much more!
- Melanie Deziel’s website
- Melanie Deziel on Twitter
- Melanie Deziel on Instagram
- Episode 92: How to Dress as a Public Speaker
- How to book more paid speaking engagements
- Find and contact potential gigs
- Speaking Fee Calculator
- Booked and Paid to Speak
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review