119. How to Start Over as a Speaker and Author With Mike Michalowicz
If you built several successful businesses and sold them, what would you do next? Would you write books and become a speaker? That’s what our guest for today’s episode of The Speaker Lab has done!
Mike Michalowicz (listen in and he’ll help you pronounce his name) is a well-known international speaker and best-selling author who made a lot of money in previous endeavors and started over as a speaker and author.
On episode 119 of The Speaker Lab, he shares why he has gone down this particular road and several hacks that have helped him continue to level up his success. We also discuss how to pronounce his name and why his website makes fun of the various mispronunciations he’s heard over the years, how much of his time is devoted to speaking versus writing and so much more on today’s show!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- What is a domain name hack you can use if your name is hard to spell and pronounce?
- What should you do with your biggest weakness?
- Why he became an author and speaker when he started over.
- What are the strongest domains and how can you get backlinks from them?
- Where do you get the best practice as a speaker?
- How he made the transition from college speaker to the corporate realm.
- How did he nearly double his speaking frequency?
- What introduction did Simon Sinek make for Mike?
- What is realistic and unrealistic to expect when working with an agent or an agency?
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “The hustle doesn’t stop.” – Mike Michalowicz
- Mike Michalowicz’s website
- Mike Michalowicz on Twitter
- Episode 59 of The Speaker Lab
- 7 Proven Steps to Finding And Booking Paid Speaking Engagements
- The Speaker Lab Summit
- The Speaker Lab Facebook group
- Top Speakers Tips
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review