068. How to Negotiate Speaking Fees
Many of us as speakers love what we do – so much so we’d consider doing it for free! But since we also need a roof over our heads, food in our stomachs and clothes on our back it’s important to know how to negotiate fees for your speaking gigs.
On episode 68 of The Speaker Lab, I’ll give you insights based on the lessons I’ve learned in my speaking career. I’ll also get into if you should negotiate and exactly how to do so.
With that in mind, I’ve also included the nine circumstances when it’s okay to lower or discount your fees in today’s show. Listen in for all of that and more on episode 68 of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW
- Should you ever put your fees on your web site?
- Do you ever quote fees over email?
- A simple trick to quoting your fees – even when you’re nervous to do so.
- What solutions are available for potential clients with smaller budgets?
- How should you raise your fees?
- What is fee integrity and how do you maintain it?
- Should you ever walk away from a potential gig?
- Should you ever speak simply for the “exposure”?
- And much, much more!
Tweetable: “Establish value before you talk numbers!“