There’s one crucial aspect to having a thriving speaking career that is often overlooked, do you know what it is? It’s the topic for today’s episode: how to network.
Networking with other speakers is so important because it can propel your career forward while helping you personally as well. Professionally you’ll find other speakers often give referrals and today I explain why.
On a personal level many speakers experience loneliness, and networking can help alleviate those feelings. By talking with other people in the speaking business we as speakers can find the support and community we all need to be healthy and successful.
I also share my suggestions on how to approach and interact with speakers in a comfortable and natural way. Listen in to hear all of that and so much more on this episode of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW
- What are specific benefits networking can have on your career?
- How can other speakers support you?
- Why would another speaker want to give you a referral?
- When is it appropriate to expect and charge fees from other speakers?
- The importance of networking with speakers in your niche.
- Where should you go to meet other speakers?
- How to appropriately approach speakers in any situation.
- What to expect from the upcoming Speaker Lab Live event!
- And much, much more!
Tweetable: “Pay attention to funny situations.”