172. How to Get the Most Referrals and Testimonials
Once you’ve given your speech the next step often becomes how to get the most referrals and testimonials after you’ve given a speech. Today we’re going to walk you through the best ways to do this.
On episode 172 of The Speaker Lab, I’m joined by my co-host Melanie Deziel again. In case you missed our introduction of Melanie last week she’s a successful speaker who came over from the corporate world after discovering her love of public speaking.
Today she speaks and consults full-time and is also a coach for students in The Speaker Lab programs. As a former TSL alum, she is the perfect person to help other budding speakers gain their chops.
On this edition of the show, we’re covering what to do after your speech, how to request feedback, how to ask for testimonials, referrals, videos, pictures and other marketing materials you can use to promote yourself. Join us for insights on all of these topics and more today on The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- What’s the first thing you have to do after giving your speech?
- What are the different ways to show appreciation after speaking?
- In addition to your client contact, who else should you thank?
- How do you ask for positive and negative feedback, and why should you get both?
- When is the best time to ask for a testimonial?
- What type of testimonial is most effective?
- How do you get marketing assets like photos and videos of you speaking?
- What are the two ways to ask for referrals from clients and from other speakers?
- And so much more!
- Melanie Deziel’s website
- Melanie Deziel on Twitter
- Melanie Deziel on Instagram
- Melanie Deziel on LinkedIn
- Elite Speaker Workshop
- Find and contact potential gigs
- Speaking Fee Calculator
- Booked and Paid to Speak
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review