[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/thespeakerlab/tsl20045.mp3″ title=”045. How to Use Comedy in Your Speaking With Ron Tite” artist=”The Speaker Lab Podcast” social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
Have you ever gotten on stage and told a joke, only for it to fall flat? Or maybe you’ve avoided cracking a joke from the stage because you’re worried you’ll hear the proverbial crickets chirping in the audience!
Here to talk about how to integrate comedy into your speaking gigs is Ron Tite, a hilarious and accomplished businessman. Ron certainly keeps himself busy: he works in several different areas while still speaking regularly about marketing and other aspects of the business.
On episode 45 of The Speaker Lab, Ron shares how he became a speaker, and how that skill has afforded him the unique opportunity to drive business revenue. In addition, Ron also shares his guidance on speaking bureaus, how he began his comedy career, and how to position yourself as an engaging speaker. Listen in to hear all of that and so much more on this episode of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW
- What most appealed to Ron about speaking?
- How a speaking bureau can help advance your speaking career.
- Ron shares what it’s really like in the world of comedy.
- Why it’s important to create relevant and engaging content for your audience.
- How to balance being funny and being effective.
- How can you incorporate comedy into your speaking if you’re not a comedian?
- What to do when your jokes fall flat.
- And much, much more!
Tweetable: “Once you have spoken, you are a speaker!“– Ron Tite
- Ron Tite’s website
- The Tite Group website
- Monkey Toast
- Ron Tite on Facebook
- Ron Tite on Twitter
- Episode 24 of The Speaker Lab with Shawn Hanks
- Top Speakers Tips
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review