Ever wonder how to speak to the education market? Are you interested in making a career out of touching the lives of students, teachers and the parents of students? If so you are in the right place!
Joining us for this show is my friend, Scott Backovich, one of the leading speakers in the youth market. Scott may look young but he has plenty of experience and wisdom on this topic, and he shares it all with us today.
On episode 176, we talk about how he finds and books school assemblies and school leadership conferences, and who to contact at schools depending on the region of the school. He also explains how to transition from free speaking gigs to getting paid, and more on today’s edition of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- How did Scott network and find other speakers to learn from early on in his career?
- Is being great on stage the best marketing strategy?
- Why isn’t constant communication from a speaker a good thing?
- Where do you start if you want to speak to school audiences?
- Why did he intentionally not have a presence online at one point in his career?
- What are the most common topics speakers are hired for in the education market?
- What are the four groups that are eager to book speakers – even those with no experience?
- What is HOBY and why does he speak at two of their events each year (for free)?
- And so much more!
- Scott Backovich’s website
- Scott Backovich on Twitter
- Scott Backovich on YouTube
- Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Foundation
- How to book more paid speaking engagements
- Find and contact potential gigs
- Speaking Fee Calculator
- Booked and Paid to Speak
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review