273. Selling Yourself as a Speaker with Matthew Kimberley
Mr. Matthew Kimberley is a sales wizard and he gives us great strategies on what it takes to truly sell yourself in the speaking world. On today’s show, we also talk about when and why he speaks for free and the math behind that choice.
You can hear that and much more when you tune in to this edition of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- What is the best way to build trust, credibility and stature?
- Where does he live and how does that impact his business?
- Is anyone a natural born sales person?
- Why asking when you need something is too late and what to do instead.
- What are the benefits of calling someone versus emailing them?
- Should you speak on your own stage?
- What kind of response rate should you expect initially?
- Why you need to be explicit when collecting testimonials and referrals.
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “The golden rule of sales is follow up, follow up, follow up.” – Matthew Kimberley
- Matthew Kimberley’s web site
- Matthew Kimberley on Twitter
- 5 Things You Need to Do Every Morning to Get More Clients in 60 Days
- The Checklist Manifesto, by Atul Gawande
- The Successful Speaker, by Grant Baldwin
- Booked and Paid to Speak
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review
- Read show transcripts here