Stories are one of the most important tools for any speaker. So how do you tell stories that stick long after you’ve finished speaking? Our guest has the answer. Kindra Hall is a renowned speaker and author who is here to talk all things storytelling.
On today’s episode of The Speaker Lab, Kindra and I talk about storytelling for speakers, whether to use first person or third person and how to ensure your stories are built around your audience.
There’s so much great content on this show so be sure to join us and hear it all on the 302nd edition of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- How do you recognize when you’re in the middle of a story?
- What are the three reasons stories are so valuable to a speaker?
- What parts of your speech should be illustrated with stories?
- Is there a right balance of stories to include in your speech?
- Does every story need to have an action item?
- How do you use a bystander story effectively?
- What makes a timeless story versus a time-sensitive story?
- How to use social media to develop a story.
- And so much more!