Is giving a TED Talk or a TEDx Talk on your bucket list? If it is then today is your lucky day! Joining us for this episode of The Speaker Lab is Tamsen Webster. Tamsen is a keynote business speaker and strategist who helps people find the power of their ideas and share those ideas with the world.
She also happens to be the Executive Producer of TEDx Cambridge, the oldest TEDx in the country. In her role, she decides who speaks at their events and she oversees all coaching and designs the coaching process for those speakers.
On this episode of The Speaker Lab, she shares the differences between TED and TEDx Talks and why giving either one is a great feather in anyone’s cap. She tells us how she helps her speakers prepare for their TEDx talks, how you can get your foot in the door with your local TEDx and how to know if your idea is interesting enough to be considered for a TEDx talk. Listen in for that and more on the 118th edition of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- What is the oldest TEDx in the country?
- What are the differences between a Ted talk and a TEDx talk?
- How to get your foot in the door at your local TEDx.
- Why it’s always helpful to know the organizers of any event.
- What are the two different levels of licensing for TEDx events, and why do they matter?
- Why do professional speakers have an extra barrier to being accepted as a TEDx speaker?
- What are the three “I”s of a great TED Talk?
- What gets in the way of connecting with the audience in Tamsen’s experience?
- And so much more!