Adapt your content
Craft your virtual pitch
Deliver like a pro
Can speakers thrive during and after a pandemic?
Social distancing. Stay-at-home orders. The new normal doesn’t feel very normal at all.
How are speakers expected to survive in this environment? Is it possible to grow your speaking business given the challenges we are facing right now?
These are the questions many speakers are asking, which is why this is an amazing time to step up, learn how to adapt your speaking business, and find the opportunities that are absolutely out there.
You can thrive as a speaker in these uncertain times if you know where to pivot, what to focus on, and how to set yourself up as a virtual speaking pro.
As someone who built a 7-figure speaking career over the last decade, Grant Baldwin knows what it takes to sustain a thriving speaking career in any economic climate. After all, he started his speaking career during the recession of 2008, when people were wondering if the speaking industry would survive.
In Virtual Speaking Pro, Grant is joined by co-host Erick Rheam, a former student of Grant’s Booked and Paid to Speak course, who has seen incredible success as a speaker. Erick joined Booked and Paid to Speak in 2015 and over the next three years earned over $350,000 from speaking. In 2019, he made the leap and quit his job to speak full time.
Erick brings more than just ideas and theories to the course, he brings real-world experience of what it takes to pivot to virtual because of COVID-19. He recently had 8 events cancelled or postponed within a week, affecting $139,000 in revenue.
Instead of passively grieving what was lost, Erick pivoted to virtual speaking and replaced the lost gigs with 8 virtual gigs in a matter of weeks. In Virtual Speaking Pro, he’ll detail not only how he recovered over $100,000 of revenue, but he’ll take you step-by-step through his process of discovering this entirely new revenue stream.
Tools to Help You Pivot Like a Pro
In the course, you’ll receive everything you need to pivot to virtual for the uncertain times we find ourselves in and for whatever lies ahead. The tools in Virtual Speaking Pro will help you…
- Focus on who you speak to and what problem you solve.
- Choose a format that makes the most sense for your virtual presentations.
- Clarify your primary market and your revenue goals.
- Create proposals that lead to a pipeline full of booked gigs.
- Upgrade your marketing assets to highlight your virtual offerings.
- Build a quality studio of software and hardware without blowing up your budget.
- Strengthen your pitch and presentation with personalized coaching feedback from The Speaker Lab when you upgrade to VSP Accelerator or VSP Max.
Once you complete this course, you’ll have the strategy and resources you need to excel in the world of virtual speaking.
Become a Virtual Speaking Pro
Four packed modules deliver lessons covering everything you need to add virtual.
An A-toZ Guide
Step-by-step guidance on pivoting your pitch, pricing, and presentation.
Group or Voxer support when you upgrade to the Accelerator or Max Tiers.
You follow a plan that tells you exactly what to do so that you can make the most of your available time, just like these students:
Everything You Need to Present like a Pro
Hours of video content across 18 comprehensive lessons.
- Module 1: Foundations (4 Lessons)
- Module 2: Marketing your talk (4 Lessons)
- Module 3: Your Virtual Setup (3 Lessons)
- Module 4: Master the Presentation (6 Lessons)
Module I – Foundations (4 Lessons)
- Clarifying who you speak to and the problem you solve.
- Choosing the virtual format that works best for your content and audience.
- Identifying where virtual speaking fits into your speaking business.
- Translating your talk to a virtual environment.
Module 2 – Marketing your talk (4 Lessons)
- Updating your marketing assets.
- Systemizing your speaking business to book a virtual gig.
- Pricing your virtual gig with the bracket approach.
- Pitching your virtual gig to clients and leads.
Module III – Your Virtual Setup (3 Lessons)
- Setting up your virtual recording studio.
- Knowing what tech and software to consider.
- Crafting an environment that matches your brand.
Module 4: Master the Presentation (6 Lessons)
- Understanding how virtual speaking fits within the marketplace.
- Working with clients leading up to a virtual event and after the event is completed.
- Crafting your unique presentation style and incorporating best practices.
- Aligning aesthetic presentation with your brand.
- Virtual rehearsal best practices to set yourself up for success.
When you enroll in Virtual Speaking Pro, you’ll also get free bonuses designed to give you the individual coaching and accountability you need to overcome any surprise roadblocks or moments of “Hmmm…what’s the best way for me to approach this?”.
Virtual Speaking Studio Tours
- Video tours of the home setups of Grant Baldwin and Erick Rheam.
- Video tours of six additional virtual presentation pros: Clint Pulver, Neen James, Mark Bowden, Tamsen Webster, Vinh Giang, and Laura Gassner Otting.
Virtual Tech Resource Gear List
- A comprehensive list (with links) to everything mentioned in the course
- Best options for virtual platforms, digital courses, and slide decks.
- Our picks for lighting, microphones, and cameras.
The Virtual Vault
- Proposal templates you can use.
- Example virtual presentation contracts.
- Checklists to ensure you are prepared on presentation day.
Virtual Pivot Case Study Lesson with Erick Rheam
- An in-depth look into his successful pivot to video.
- Insight into the decisions Erick made with his pricing and pitches.
- Testimonials on how his virtual presentation was received by his audience.
Virtual Speaking Pro is for…
- Brand new speakers looking to start a speaking career
- Experienced speakers looking to add a virtual offering
- Coaches and consultants
- Authors, musicians, and other online entrepreneurs
- Ministry and non-profit leaders.
- And anyone who wants to share their message through a virtual stage.
“Jump in the Water”
You’ve heard the expression “put a toe in the water.” Well, I want to invite you to JUMP in the water.
Even if you only have a few spare hours per week (and if speaking is a priority for you, trust me—you do), you will find tons of ways to take meaningful action right away. There is much more to VSP than just sitting in front of your computer silently watching videos.
So take the course for 30 days. If you feel like you’re not seeing positive results, let us know and we’ll give you a full refund, no questions asked.
“Double Your Investment”
Fast forward 12 months from now.
You jumped in the water in the first 60 days and generated some great initial momentum. You stayed the course and kept taking focused action to grow your speaking business.
I believe if you follow the system we teach and put yourself in position to succeed, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t have DOUBLED your investment in VSP within one year. And if you haven’t, we’ll give you your money back.
Here Are Some of the Most Common Ones We Get
When you register for Virtual Speaking Pro, you get full access to four modules (18 lessons) that will teach you everything you need to find and book virtual gigs. You’ll also learn how to present virtually like a pro.
Absolutely. This course will give you the tools, strategies, and resources you need to navigate whatever the future holds for the speaking industry. While a return to in-person events will likely happen, virtual speaking is here to stay.
Absolutely. Take the course for 30 days. If you feel like you’re not seeing positive results, let us know and we’ll give you a full refund, no questions asked. Not only that, but we also offer a “Double Your Investment” Guarantee as well. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
You will have lifetime access to Virtual Speaking Pro.
Yes! There are 3 tiers of VSP, so you can pick the one that has the coaching option that is best for you.
The Virtual Speaking Pro Accelerator Tier comes with the course, a community, monthly group coaching calls (lifetime), and 90 days of email consulting with The Speaker Lab. You’ll feel empowered and encouraged as you work through the course alongside other speakers who are pivoting to virtual along with you.
The Virtual Speaking Pro Max Tier comes with everything in the Accelerator Tier PLUS 30 days 1:1 direct coaching support (via Voxer). We can’t wait to support you and help you get where you want to go!
We love giving speakers clarity and confidence on their journey, and that’s exactly what you’ll get from our coaching support. (And of course, for those who aren’t interested in coaching at this time, the Virtual Speaking Pro Tier will give you everything you need to know about pivoting to virtual and presenting like a pro.)