As speakers, many of us have a love-hate relationship with associations. Should we become a member? What are the benefits? How will this help me grow my business? Is it worth it?
For Episode 392 we’re sitting down with President and CEO of the National Speaker Association, Jaime Nolan, to unwrap the ins and outs of what the NSA does for members and their businesses.
While Jaime is new to NSA, she brings over two decades of experience with associations and meeting planners, and therefore a unique perspective that is much needed in this era of rebuilding post-pandemic. Focused on recreating an elite member experience and helping members build stronger businesses and be better speakers, the NSA is reexamining its conference structure, resources, and how they cater to members in different seasons of their careers.
During this episode, Jaime will reveal some of how she’s rewriting the playbook within, and some of the major changes they’ve already made to better serve their constituents. Whether you’re already a member, considering joining, or just want to understand what the association experience is all about, this episode will answer all those questions and more!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- The post-pandemic life of an association
- What is the role of an association in your speaking career?
- How to assess if a membership is right for you
- How an association can help diversify your business opportunities
- Utilizing resources and opportunities to network
- What makes a healthy, functioning association?
- The scarcity mindset vs. abundance mindset
- Why the NSA can’t talk about speaker fees
- And much more!