Every year, The Speaker Lab founder Grant Baldwin and coach Erick Rheam come onto the TSL show for an episode we call “The State of the Speaking Industry.” Grant and Erick use this time to zoom out and examine shifts in the last year and trends for the next year that affect speakers working on building their business this year. This is a chance to really dig deep into what’s going on in a variety of different industries and how that changes things up for all speakers, from aspiring to advanced. In episode 436 of The Speaker Lab podcast, we’re looking at the state of the speaking industry for 2023.
Exciting things are happening as the world emerges from the COVID-impacted era of virtual events into a new hybrid era. Some organizations are eager to get back to classic conferences with lots of personal interactions and face-to-face communication, while others are enjoying the efficiency afforded by shifting everything to zoom. At the same time, many sectors are hurting due to the economy, and speakers in those industries are hurting as a result. More than ever, it’s vital to get clear on some of the core tenets of our SPEAK framework: solving one specific problem for one specific audience.
Whether you’re a beginner, emerging, or experienced speaker, 2023 is bound to bring changes. With all this in mind, Grant and Erick share advice in this episode for every stage of launching and growing a speaking business. Let this episode put your fears at rest and energize your business plan for the upcoming year!
You’ll learn about…
- Which audiences are showing potential for growth in 2023.
- What virtual speaking can offer industries with continuing education requirements.
- How to leverage gigs into partnerships that get you regular engagements.
- How to manage and maintain momentum so it doesn’t overwhelm you.
- How pivoting audiences can help you weather the economic storm.
- Why the solutions you offer are more important than the story you tell.
- Why clarity, consistency, and mentorship are must-haves for every speaker in 2023.
- …and so much more!