Our coaches at The Speaker Lab are equipped to guide you through your speaking journey, no matter what kind of speaker you want to be. Which means if you prefer a side room with a dozen or so people around a table to a massive auditorium, we’re here to help. Delivering motivational keynotes might look like the most glamorous choice, but many speakers build incredible careers and make huge impacts through other communication channels such as workshops. With that in mind, this week’s Coaches’ Corner on The Speaker Lab show is dedicated to everything workshops–how to create them, how to build a business around them, and how to actually make an impact.
On Episode 442, our director of student success Maryalice Goldsmith is joined by Nanette Hitchcock from our TSL coaching team. Nanette loves nothing better than running a great workshop, and she knows how to create a collaborative atmosphere that helps her audience solve their problems. If you’ve ever wanted a heart to heart chat with our speaking coaches about “deep dive” rather than “big picture” speaking, this episode is for you. Nanette is really the expert when it comes to successful workshops–and she goes through some of her history as an executive leadership coach and how it informs her strategy.
Whether you’re a skeptic who only likes big audiences or someone who loves speaking to smaller groups, understanding how to communicate through a workshop and how it differs from a keynote is a great asset to delivering your message. The best workshop speakers do more than teach skills–they empower attendees to take action and ownership with dynamic and interactive experiences. If you’re wondering how to do just that, Nanette breaks it down for you.
You’ll also learn all about:
- Different format ideas for engaging workshops.
- Why thinking like a child can help workshop attendees be more creative.
- How workshops can fit in with other streams of income within your speaking business.
- Why workshops are well-suited to repeat engagements with a client.
- How to assess your client’s needs and tailor your workshop to their situation.
- How to develop a workshop series that solves a variety of problems.
- Innovative ways your workshop can truly stand out and make a difference.
- …and so much more!