209. How to Develop Your Voice Through Speaking and Writing with Ann Handley
Have you ever considered how to develop your voice through speaking and writing? Whether you are a speaker who wants to write or a writer who has a book to promote writing and speaking go hand in hand. Here to tell us more about this is Ann Handley.
Ann is the Chief Content Officer of MarketingProfs, she’s also a best-selling author and a speaker. Today on The Speaker Lab she and Melanie are talking about writing and speaking are intertwined, how to find and refine your unique voice and the importance of showing up authentically on stage and in your content.
Episode 209 is also a different kind of episode: Melanie Diezel is back as our interviewer. We’ve done this once before and you all loved it so much we decided to do it again. Let us know if you want another Melanie-run interview and a repeat visit from Ann after you listen to this latest edition of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- What is the essence of public speaking?
- What is the dirty truth of being an author?
- Can we develop a strong sense of our own voice, even if we aren’t writers?
- What makes the best writing?
- Is writing something only a few special people have been gifted with?
- How does content play into building your speaking business?
- What gave her the feedback to know she needed to write her second book?
- What is a baby step you can take right now to experiment with writing?
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “Writing is a backbone to so many things we do to market ourselves.” –
- Ann Handley’s web site
- Ann’s newsletter
- MarketingProfs web site
- Everybody Writes by Ann Handley
- Content Rules by Ann Handley and C.C. Chapman
- Ann Handley on Twitter
- Aaron Draplin on Instagram
- Content Marketing World
- Email us!
- Episode 195 of The Speaker Lab
- Ready for more? Join our free speaker workshop
- Speaking Fees Calculator
- The Speaker Lab Facebook group
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review