For many of us the first thing we think of when giving a speech is giving a keynote. But there are plenty of other speaking formats that are in demand and are lucrative ways to create a successful speaking career.
Brian Walter is a shining example of this. He is someone who is highly in-demand for his non-traditional approach to speaking, and he’s here to talk about it.
Today he shares the origins and progression of his speaking career, why he became involved with the National Speakers Association (NSA) and how the NSA can help your speaking career too. It‚Äôs all here on this episode of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW
- How being his fraternity’s secretary at UCLA led to his speaking career.
- What are platform skills?
- What is the “I” disease?
- How to use humor in a speech, and reduce the risks associated with it.
- His three year journey to find his expertise, and why it’s important to you.
- Why did he get involved with the National Speakers Association?
- What are the differences between the NSA and speaking bureaus?
- What are the two reasons most people join the NSA?
- And much, much more!
Tweetable: “Talk to the love in the audience.” – Brian Walter
- Extreme Meetings, Brian Walter’s company
- The National Speakers Association website
- A free issue of the NSA’s magazine
- Brian Walter on Twitter
- Got questions? Send them in here!
- Take part in the contest
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review!