005. Beginning Your Speaking Career With Clay Hebert
On this episode of The Speaker Lab, world-renowned speaker Clay Hebert joins the show to talk about starting your speaking career.
Clay specializes in speaking to corporations, associations and conferences for entrepreneurs. He began his career speaking for free at conferences, and eventually made his way into speaking at bigger engagements and paid bookings.
Today on The Speaker Lab, Clay talks about who does and who doesn’t pay for speakers, how having a relationship with a fellow speaker jump-started his career, and how to get your best talk across every time. Listen in to hear all of that and so much more on this episode of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW
- Why you need to do some unpaid speaking jobs.
- How relationships can change the course of your career.
- Why mistakes are nothing to be afraid of.
- When can customizing your talk actually hurt you?
- What themes or talking topics are people willing to pay for?
- How can you determine which audiences are right for your talk?
- The speaker who helped Clay’s career, and what it means to you.
- And much, much more!
Tweetable: “Fame is different at every level.” – Clay Hebert