338. Creating Your Talk with Harriet Turk
Creating Your Talk with Harriet Turk
Creating your talk is one of the basics of becoming a great speaker.
Joining us to lay out the details of this process is Harriet Turk. Harriet is a masterful speaker who also helps Speaker Lab students create their talks. On this episode, Harriet walks us through the basic steps, the role of stories and much more.
Tune in to hear it all on the 338th edition of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- What is the first thing you must know when creating your talk?
- Is it okay to use secondhand stories?
- How do you know which stories are usable?
- Should you use a story that is emotionally charged?
- How is authoring a story different than presenting a story?
- How to tweak and develop your story over time.
- Should you write out your entire speech?
- Why memorizing your speech can lead to disaster.
- And so much more!
- Harriet Turk's web site
- Harriet Turk on Twitter
- Harriet Turk on Instagram
- Episode 252 with Harriet Turk
- Episode 82 with Harriet Turk
- Free Speaking Fee Calculator
- The Successful Speaker
- Booked and Paid To Speak program
- Got questions? Send them in here!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review