326. How to Focus and Adapt as a Speaker with Curt Steinhorst
How to Focus and Adapt as a Speaker with Curt Steinhorst
How to focus and adapt as a speaker is one very important lesson everyone can learn, especially during a pandemic. Curt Steinhorst is an expert on focus and attention, and he’s become adept at adapting thanks to the Covid-19 restrictions.
Curt speaks, writes and coaches on the science of attention. Specifically, he helps organizations and teams create a culture that fosters focus and attention. On today’s The Speaker Lab, he tells us how he chose this area, he’s pivoted and adjusted his speaking and other revenue streams during 2020, and what he plans to do in the near future.
You’ll hear all of those topics and more on this edition of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- How to balance what people are hiring for and what you want to talk about.
- What kind of emotional prep can help you with the ups and downs of building a speaking business?
- How can you utilize your past accomplishments as a foot in the door for speaking opportunities?
- What did he do when 90% of his revenue disappeared in one week?
- Why did he take an extra month off in the middle of the pandemic?
- How does virtual speaking fit into his business now and going forward?
- When did he hit his groove with speaking online?
- How far in advance are people booking speakers right now?
- And so much more!