Have you considered creating a lifelong speaking career? Whether you’ve pondered your speaking longevity or you just want to break into the speaking world, you’ll hear about both topics from Harriet Turk, our guest on today’s show.
Harriet has been speaking in the youth and education areas for nearly two and a half decades, earning her stars and stripes along the way.
On episode 82 of The Speaker Lab, Harriet Turk joins us to talk about her lengthy career as a speaker, how she got started and what it’s like to be a female speaker then versus today. She explains why relationships and connections with other speakers are so vital to your career.
You’ll get to hear the wisdom she’s earned, and so much more on today’s edition of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Why it’s so important to learn the art of storytelling.
- Can your audience really only handle 3-5 points?
- What is the market like for female speakers today?
- What would Harriet do differently if she were building her business now?
- Can you work locally and be successful, or must you always travel the country?
- How does she maintain a balance between speaking and being a single mom?
- How to build your network when you’re starting out.
- Harriet’s real-life story of the importance of building and fostering friendships with other speakers.
- And so much more!
- Harriet Turk’s web site
- Harriet Turk on Twitter
- Harriet Turk on Facebook
- Email Harriet
- The Speaker Lab Facebook group
- Top Speakers Tips
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review