Want to know how to pull off the riskiest move as a speaker? Then you’ll want to know how to interact with your speaking audience! And here to help us break this topic down is our returning co-host Melanie Deziel.
Today on The Speaker Lab, we are talking about audience interaction: how to engage and interact with your audience, the pros and the cons plus the different ways to go about connecting and when to use which approach.
We’ll also cover how to manage your audience interactions so you don’t lose control of the room. It’s important to connect with your audience, but it can go sideways quickly so join us to hear how to handle it on episode 186 of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- When does it make sense to engage with your audience, and when does it not?
- What are the downsides of doing this?
- What are pattern interrupts, and why do you want to use them?
- Where should you try out your interactions first?
- How to “feel the room” and adjust accordingly.
- Do you have to call on someone if they raise their hand while you’re speaking?
- What should you do if someone “goes off the rails”?
- Your interaction with your audience should be in proportion to what?
- And so much more!
- Melanie Deziel’s website
- Episode 91 of The Speaker Lab
- Melanie Deziel on Twitter
- Melanie Deziel on Instagram
- Melanie Deziel on LinkedIn
- Elite Speaker Workshop
- Find and contact potential gigs
- Speaking Fee Calculator
- Booked and Paid to Speak
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review