By now you know publishing is a great way to solidify your reputation in your niche. But did you know you can also grow your speaking revenue through publishing? You can and our friend Jeff Goins is here to share exactly how.
Today is a different type of episode, it’s actually an interview taken from our upcoming course Beyond The Stage. Our conversation focuses on all things publishing: self-publishing, traditional publishing or a hybrid of the two we are covering it.
There’s a lot of great stuff on this show so please join me and Jeff Goins for a preview of Beyond The Stage right here on episode 199 of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Why getting a traditional book deal isn’t necessarily going to make your career.
- Did Mark Twain self-publish his books?
- How are book advances determined?
- When does it make sense to get a traditional book deal, and when not?
- How do you know if your platform qualifies as a “big” platform?
- What is hybrid publishing and how does it work?
- When does a hybrid deal make sense and when does self-publishing make sense?
- What are your “subrights” and why should you keep your audio rights?
- And so much more!