If you’ve ever worried that narrowing your audience and your target market will hurt your speaking business, you’ll want to listen to today’s guest. Jill Christensen has grown her speaking business by leaps and bounds simply by focusing on one type of audience.
On today’s edition of The Speaker Lab, Jill shares how being a member of Booked And Paid To Speak has helped her narrow her target market, why doing so has been tremendously successful for her and her advice for creating that same level of success.
We also talk about why some speakers don’t get traction, the importance of hard work and what to do if you find yourself stuck. Check out that and much more on episode 141 of The Speaker Lab with Jill Christensen!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- How did she choose her target audience and create her signature keynote?
- What aspects of her research does she outsource, and why?
- According to Jill what are conference planners really looking for in a speaker?
- Why being a published author really helps grow your business.
- How to make yourself stand out from hundreds of other quality speakers.
- When has she spoken for free, and does she ever now?
- What is the definition of an expert, and how do you know if you are one?
- Why it’s important to “pick a lane”.
- And so much more!