113. How to Become a Full-Time Speaker With Jon Vroman
You’ve probably heard of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, but did you know there is a similar charity that helps adults and kids with life-threatening illnesses? It gives them the opportunity to experience the live event of their dreams from the front row!
The charity is called The Front Row Foundation and the co-founder is Jon Vroman, our guest for this show. Jon is also a full-time speaker and the head of his own company, Front Row Factor.
Today he shares how his charity was started, and how his speaking career became his full-time pursuit as a result of the lessons his Front Row Foundation’s recipients taught him. You’ll hear how he shares their inspiration with the college world, and how he is transitioning into the corporate market as well. Dive in with us on episode 113 of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- How he started speaking at 19.
- Why he went from a six-figure job to spending $90k to be a full-time speaker the next year.
- How long did it take him to land his first speaking gig?
- How he attended one event and walked out with 14 paid gigs.
- What are the things a speaker needs to get started?
- How did relationships help him find his speaking topics?
- Why speaking to everyone means you actually speak to no one.
- How he’s building his name in a new market, and how you can too.
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “If you do everything you do nothing.” – Jon Vroman
- Front Row Factor
- Front Row Foundation
- Living College Life in The Front Row, by Jon Vroman
- The Front Row Factor podcast
- Jon Vroman on Twitter
- Giftology, by John Ruhlin
- The Speaker Lab Summit
- The Speaker Lab Facebook group
- Top Speakers Tips
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review