[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/thespeakerlab/tsl20210.mp3″ artist=”The Speaker Lab Podcast” ]
Do you need a speaking management company? What’s the difference between a speaking management company and a speakers bureau?
Here to answer those questions and more is Karen Harris of CMI Speaker Management, a management agency for speakers. Karen’s agency is designed to represent the speaker’s interests and take care of their needs, while also growing their business.
On this episode of The Speaker Lab, we talk about the differences between speaker agents and bureaus before discussing what clients want to see from potential speakers and what distinguishes those speakers who make it from those who don’t succeed. Join us for that and more on episode 210 of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW: ¬†¬†
- What does Karen look for in potential clients for her agency?
- Are videos better shown in small chunks or one longer clip?
- What can we learn about marketing from the latest Mission Impossible movie?
- Why should you have multiple YouTube channels and what should each of them be?
- What are the top two topics event planners are booking for right now?
- What works well to book gigs when you are a new or emerging speaker?
- Do you always have to do “exposure opportunities”?
- Why you must take a video down if it’s more than a year old.
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “The more you work the more you work!” – Karen Harris
- CMI Speaker Management web site¬†
- CMI Speaker Management on Twitter¬†
- Database of speaking opportunities
- Email us!
- Ready for more? Join our free speaker workshop
- Speaking Fees Calculator
- The Speaker Lab Facebook group
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review