Have you given both keynotes and taught workshops? Some speakers prefer one over the other, while some enjoy both. Marcus Sheridan of The Sales Lion is an interactive and engaging speaker who likes doing both.
On this episode of The Speaker Lab, Marcus is here to talk about his journey from a missionary in Chile to running a successful pool company to commanding audiences around the globe today. He also shares how that journey led to the creation of his latest book, They Ask You Answer.
You’ll hear about all of that plus the importance of video today, why it’s only going to continue to become even more vital and what he learned from his worst speaking moment ever. Check it out on episode 117 of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Are good keynote speakers always good at teaching workshops too?
- What did being a missionary in Chile teach him about speaking?
- The lesson you can learn from how he landed his first speaking gig.
- How he made the leap from workshop speaker to keynote speaker at Content Marketing World in one year.
- Why is giving gigs the most effective way to land more gigs?
- Why it works for him to be so interactive with his audiences.
- How much attention should you be paying to content marketing?
- Should you have a videographer?
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “If we don’t show it, it doesn’t exist.” – Marcus Sheridan
- Marcus Sheridan’s website
- Email Marcus
- They Ask You Answer, Marcus’ latest book
- Marcus Sheridan on Twitter
- 7 Proven Steps to Finding And Booking Paid Speaking Engagements
- The Speaker Lab Summit
- The Speaker Lab Facebook group
- Top Speakers Tips
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review