Membership sites are becoming wildly popular in the speaking industry. The problem is that many people don’t know what they’re doing or how to get started.
Today, we have THE go-to expert, Mr. Mike Morrison of The Membership Guys here to teach us everything we need to know about starting, creating, operating, organizing, and profiting from membership sites.
You’re going to love this conversation because we discuss what memberships are, why they matter, and why you need to pay attention to this trend if you’re serious about building a long-term business.
After the conversation, you’ll know how to validate your idea so you don’t waste time and money on useless projects that don’t sell.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Are Amazon Prime Video and Netflix examples of membership sites?
- What are the pros and cons of having a membership site?
- Do some topics and industries lend themselves better to memberships?
- Why membership sites are not a “set it and forget it” business model.
- Why you don’t have to have the “most content” to provide a valuable membership site.
- Does participating in your community provide enough value to your members?
- How to validate your membership idea.
- The early mistakes most people make and how you can avoid them.
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “People come for the content, and stay for the community.” – Mike Morrison
- The Membership Guys web site
- The Membership Guys blog
- The Membership Guys podcast
- Membership Site Academy
- Plugin comparison PDF
- The Membership Guys on Twitter
- Mike Morrison on Twitter
- Will It Fly?, by Pat Flynn
- 7 Proven Steps to Finding And Booking Paid Speaking Engagements
- The Speaker Lab Summit
- The Speaker Lab Facebook group
- Top Speakers Tips
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review