Ever wonder how some people can charge a $20K public speaking fee, but others struggle to make ends meet?
There are a few key elements that make this possible and today, on episode 144 of The Speaker Lab podcast, Mitch Joel, an international speaker, author, and CEO walks us through the process of how to position yourself as a highly sought after speaker that can charge $10K, $20K or more.
Mitch shares a story of how he spoke in front of 6,000 people and shared the stage with Dr. Phil on his first ever speaking engagement.
Today, Mitch works with companies like Wal-Mart, Google, and Starbucks and he breaks it all down for you on the podcast.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- How to find your “content center of excellence” and why you need it
- Examples of great speakers who have gone from $5K to $50K in speaking fees
- What is an SME and how can you be one?
- 3 “must-haves” if you want to be considered someone with a “significant platform”
- How to know if you’re killing it on stage or not
- Why being memorable is better than funny
- How social media plays a role in how much you can charge
- What is the Louis CK model of public speaking?
- How to identify yourself as 1 of 3 types of speakers
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “The best thing you can do is invest in yourself.” – Mitch Joel
- Mitch Joel’s web site
- Mitch Joel on Twitter
- 7 Proven Steps to Finding And Booking Paid Speaking Engagements
- The Speaker Lab Summit
- The Speaker Lab Facebook group
- Top Speakers Tips
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review