262. How to Use Slides, Stories and Data with Nancy Duarte
And there’s no one better to spell it out for us than Nancy Duarte. Nancy is the author of several books including Illuminate, Resonate and her most recent book, DataStory.
She is also a prolific speaker and storyteller and on today’s show, she explains when to use slides, the most common slide mistakes speakers make and how to use both data and stories in the most powerful way possible. Join us and you can find out all of this and more on episode 262 of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW
- How did she start working with Apple over 30 years ago?
- How the audience affects the content of your slides.
- What number of slides is too many?
- Who are the finest speech crafters in her experience: introverts or extroverts?
- What is the messy middle and how do you apply it to speaking?
- Why first person stories are most effective.
- How do you determine whether or not a story should be shared?
- And much, much more!
Tweetable: “Story is the vehicle to empathy.” – Nancy Duarte