Do you know how to share your story to connect with your audience in a way that conveys your message while still helping them? Do you fully understand how your unique story can skyrocket your speaking career? The man to answer those questions is here today, Mr. Nick Morgan.
Nick is an acclaimed international, keynote speaker and a best-selling author. He also coaches other speakers and executives on how to communicate more effectively.
Today we cover how most speakers drop the ball in their presentation and delivery, and three mistakes speakers make at the beginning of their speech. We also dig into why the beginning of your speech is valuable real estate, and the power of telling your own story as a speaker on episode 153 of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- How did Nick become the speechwriter for the governor of Virginia?
- Who is responsible for the message of any speech: the audience or the speaker?
- What are the three classic mistakes speakers make to lose their audience’s attention?
- What should you be doing in the first minutes of your speech?
- Why you have to “kill your babies” to become a better speaker.
- Why narrowing your focus is actually a way to increase your reach.
- How to balance sharing your story while still making your speech about your audience.
- Where should you focus if you are in the early stages of your business?
- Why there has been a big increase in public speakers, and how that can benefit you.
- And so much more!