Has a company ever asked to license your material? Whether or not you’ve ever been approached, it’s important to understand the topic of intellectual property for speakers.
Here to tell us about IP for speakers is Pamela Slim. Pamela is a successful coach, author, speaker and all-around amazing woman.
On this episode of The Speaker Lab, Pam explains when and how to license your material, how to protect your IP (intellectual property), as well as how to market it, price it, and leverage it to your greatest advantage.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- What qualifies as intellectual property?
- How can licensing help you leverage your knowledge and tools to reach new markets?
- When do you know licensing is your best option?
- Do you need to be famous to license your material?
- What is essential to intellectual property and brand recognition?
- What are the best ways to market your licensed material and IP?
- Why do you need to track how many people use your materials?
- Why money shouldn’t be your sole focus when licensing your IP.
- And so much more!
- Pamela Slim’s web site
- Pamela’s blog post on licensing
- Pamela Slim on Twitter
- Escape From Cubicle Nation, by Pamela Slim
- Body of Work, by Pamela Slim
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking, by Susan Cain
- Speaking fee calculator (free!)
- The Speaker Lab on YouTube
- Booked and Paid to Speak program
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or revie