103. How to Be a MC at Events With Thom Singer
Have you ever considered adding Master of Ceremonies (MC) to your speaking offerings? Our guest for today’s show is a talented keynote, MC and overall great speaker.
Thom Singer, otherwise known as the Conference Catalyst, joins us to talk about what it takes to be a great MC, as well as a keynote/MC.
On episode 103 of The Speaker Lab, Thom shares his background and how he got into the speaking world, including how he grew his MC career.
We also dig into what a Master of Ceremonies actually does, how to structure your pricing and the basics of getting started as an MC. You’ll hear all of that and so much more on this edition of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Who sets the tone for the entire event?
- Why you should see yourself as an event professional, not just a speaker or MC.
- Is an extrovert or introvert better suited to the role of Master of Ceremonies?
- How does he structure his pricing as Master of Ceremonies?
- Why you have to play “bad cop” if you’re an MC.
- What are callbacks and why are they important?
- What to do if you’d like to get started as an MC.
- And so much more!