Have you been asked for your speaking fee but weren’t sure how to bill for the travel aspect of your gig? Or have you ever wondered how to handle that topic when it does come up in the future?
Wherever you are at in your speaking career the issues of travel expenses is going to come up. On this edition of the show I outlined the two ways to address travel expenses for your speaking gigs, including the pros and cons of each.
I’ll also share which of those two options I personally use and why. Tune in to hear it on episode 60 of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW
- The two ways of handling speaking-related travel expenses.
- What are the pros of invoicing your travel expenses separately?
- What are the main drawbacks to doing the same?
- What is my normal travel fee and what do I include?
- Why it is wise to include travel expenses in a flat speaking fee.
- What is the main downside of doing so?
- Should you let the client to book any of your travel?
- Why I never let the client book my airfare.
- And much, much more!
Tweetable: “Make sure it is clear in your agreement!“