304. How to Work With a Speaking Agent
How to Work With a Speaking Agent
Have you ever wondered how to work with a speaking agent? Our guest, Li Hayes, has all the info you need to decide if an agent is right for you!
Li runs a boutique speaker agency and works with a dozen different speakers. On today’s The Speaker Lab, she tells us what her role is as their agent and what you need to do if you are looking for an agent. She shares her advice for emerging speakers and what you should and shouldn’t be doing when working with event management.
We wrap up with her tips on what is working right now for speakers so be sure to join us and listen in til the end of episode 304 of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- What’s the difference between a bureau and a speaking agent?
- Who actually needs an agent and who needs a personal assistant?
- What are the best ways to find and book gigs if you are an emerging speaker?
- How narrow should your market be?
- Why you should stop trying to get on a big stage.
- What is pull marketing?
- What are the big 3 event planners want?
- Why connecting with your audience makes a difference onstage and offstage.
- And so much more!