035. How to Sell From Stage With Matthew Kimberley
Whether you’ve been speaking for decades or just weeks you’ve noticed some speakers are more at ease on stage than others. Today the renowned speaker and performer Matthew Kimberley is here to share how you can feel confident and at ease on stage no matter how much experience you have.
On this episode of The Speaker Lab, Matthew and I talk about how to avoid nerves while speaking, and how to best prepare for any type of speaking engagement.
We also dive into his sales career as well as his acting experience, and how both led him to become such an accomplished speaker despite living on a tiny island in the Mediterranean! Listen in to hear all of that and so much more on this episode of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW
- How can you use an accent to your advantage?
- Can confidence be taught in speaking?
- How to always avoid being unprepared.
- How to manage the transition from speaking for free to speak for a fee.
- The importance of avoiding an “infomercial” talk.
- Matthew’s tips for being an excellent salesperson.
- Why is it important to have a money-back guarantee?
- How can you use urgency effectively?
- And much, much more!
Tweetable: “Be yourself, people enjoy that.“– Matthew Kimberley