What makes a speech a memorable one? Our guest for today knows! He says there are 5 keys you must include to make your speech memorable. Joining us for episode 120 is our repeat visitor and friend, Hugh Culver.
He was previously here for episode 10, which feels like an eternity ago! If you missed his first visit, Hugh is an adventurer turned speaker. He started out in the adventure travel industry and later became a speaker. For the last dozen years or so, he’s been speaking to corporate audiences about productivity.
On today’s show, Hugh tells us about the five things he’s learned along the way that’s needed to give a memorable speech. They are: solve a problem, warm up the audience, make the audience work, teach with stories and make your speech about them. Listen in for that and more on episode 119 of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Why is your speech your best marketing tool?
- What type of speeches don’t pay and how can you avoid giving them?
- What are the variables that go into making a good presentation?
- Why it’s okay to speak on a competitive topic.
- Two tricks to find out what topics people are being paid to speak about.
- The three phases of warming up an audience.
- Why should you make your audience work during your speech?
- What does it mean to be “situationally extroverted” and why does it matter?
- The quick check to ensure you are making your speech about your audience.
- And so much more!