016. How to Deal With Nerves as a Public Speaker
If there’s one thing every speaker faces before a speaking gig it is the possibility of nerves, and how to deal with those nerves. Ask any seasoned veteran of the public speaking world and they’ll tell you they have received all sorts of advice, some of it good and some of it not as good.
Because there’s so much misinformation out there about how to deal with nerves I’m devoting today’s episode to that very topic.
On today’s episode of The Speaker Lab, we’ll be covering that and much more!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW
- What is the most common misconception about speakers getting nervous?
- How can the same talk be different each time?
- What you can do to focus your fear.
- Does nervousness ever go away?
- How practicing your content can calm your nerves.
- Why it’s important to put yourself in real situations.
- How to relax and enjoy yourself!
- Why does the audience imitate you?
- And much, much more!